An adaptogenic herb is a type of plant that helps the body adapt to stress and maintain overall health and well-being. These herbs are used in traditional medicine systems, such as Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda. Research shows adaptogenic herbs regulate the body’s stress response and support various organ systems. Additionally, adaptogenic herbs have a range of other health benefits, including:
- Reducing fatigue and improving energy levels
- Enhancing mental clarity and focus
- Boosting the immune system
- Supporting healthy hormone balance
- Reducing inflammation
- Improving physical endurance and performance
Some of the most commonly used adaptogenic herbs include:
- Ashwagandha: An herb commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine to help reduce stress, improve cognitive function, and enhance physical performance.
- Rhodiola: An herb that helps improve energy levels, reduce fatigue, and enhance mental clarity and focus.
- Ginseng is a popular adaptogenic herb believed to help reduce stress, improve mental and physical performance, and boost the immune system.
- Holy basil: An herb commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine to help reduce stress and anxiety, improve cognitive function, and support healthy hormone balance.
- Licorice root: An herb that helps support healthy adrenal function and reduce inflammation in the body.
- Eleuthero: An herb commonly used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to help improve energy levels, reduce fatigue, and support overall health.
It is important to note that adaptogenic herbs have been used for centuries in traditional medicine. However, as with any herbal supplement, it is also important to talk to a healthcare provider before taking adaptogenic herbs, particularly if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medication.
If you want to learn more about The Ancient Secret for Pain Relief, listen: The Wellness Inspired Podcast, Episode #038: Increase Your Vitality with this Adaptogenic Superherb | Jason Ritter
“The only way to optimal health is to take care of ourselves everyday emotionally, physically and mentally.”
Sheri Davidson, licensed acupuncturist and wellness coach, specializes in preventative medicine. She loves sharing her passion for wellness living and Eastern medicine through her blog, The Wellness Inspired Podcast, and practice, Element 5, Acupuncture + Wellness in Rice Village District of Houston, TX.
To find out more about wellness living and natural healing, follow Element 5, Acupuncture + Wellness on Instagram, Facebook, Google, and Linkedin. If you know of anyone who would benefit from our content, please share.
Let’s stay healthy together!
Sheri Davidson, L.Ac + Wellness Coach